Dr. Sharon Fried-Buchalter PhD, CHTClinical Psychologist
Certified Diplomate Hypnotherapist
Master Life Coach
Dr. Sharon Fried-Buchalter is a Distinguished Clinical Psychologist, as well as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and Licensed Clinical Hypnotherapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She has been practicing since 1996 and specializes in counseling children, adolescents, parents, couples, and families. Utilizing her multi-modality approach, Dr. Buchalter combines different types of therapy that includes psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), play, hypnotherapy, and family systems approach. She has expertise in the assessment and counseling of neuro-diverse children of all ages. As a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Dr. Buchalter conducts hypnotherapy for pain and behavioral management, and regression therapy. She is also trained in Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT), which is a short-term solution focused approach to healing trauma.
Dr. Buchalter holds a Masters and Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Columbia University in New York City. She also holds a Master's in Social Work from NYU and MBA in Industrial Psychology from the Zicklin School of Business, in New York City. She has received the highest accreditation as a Board-Certified Diplomate-Fellow in advanced child and adolescent psychology, marital and family relations, psychoeducational assessment, hypnotherapy, and clinical psychology.
In addition, Dr. Buchalter is also an executive life coach, public speaker, career counselor and has worked as a corporate training development manager. Among her accomplishments, she has authored two award winning parenting /self-help books and articles for national and local publications, and as an advice columnist. She has also appeared as a consultant on various local and national television programs including CNN and the Montel Williams Show.
As a Human Resource Consultant, for both public and private organizations, Dr. Buchalter developed and implemented management training programs that enhance motivational, leadership and communication skills, as well as behavioral modification programs in stress management, smoking cessation, weight control and assertiveness training. She has created and conducted employee workshops in sensitivity training, improving interpersonal communications, and human relations.
Although Dr. Buchalter has worked with people from all walks of life from inner city teenagers to CEOs, her main mission is to help parents transform their kids into leaders and manifest their full potential, and educate, enlighten, and empower children of all ages. Her first book Children Are People Too, provides eight essential steps designed to strengthen families and empower parents to be their own child's life coach and mentor. Her second book New Parents Are People Too, provides relationship advice for couples entering parenthood for the first time and teaches how to not lose your own individuality.
As a parenting coach Dr. Buchalter has developed various revolutionary tools to help couples, parents, and families achieve happiness and success. She has developed and implemented a wide range of successful workshops that focus on topics such as family leadership, new parent survival skills, and life skills training for teens and college students.
Her latest coaching program Mentor Your Child to Success is designed around business management concepts that is used by many successful leaders. With her "POS" multi-level approach to goal setting, parents learn to mentor themselves and their children by developing leadership skills that will last a lifetime and improve happiness. Through parent/child teamwork, children are encouraged to actively participate in the development of their own interests, talents, and goals. Also working together as a team promotes family unity, mutual respect, and long-lasting parent-child interactions.
- Doctorate of Philosophy - Counseling Psychology,
Columbia University School of Arts and Science.
- Masters of Philosophy - Counseling Psychology,
Columbia University School of Arts and Science.
- Masters of Social Work,
New York University.
- Masters of Business Administration,
Specialty Marketing/ Industrial Psychology, Zicklin School of Business University of New York.
- Bachelors of Business Administration,
Major: Marketing Management/Psychology, Zicklin School of Business, City University of New York.
- FCICPP Board Certified Diplomate - Fellow - Professional Designation in Advanced Child & Adolescent Psychology - International College of Prescribing Psychologists and Prescribing Psychologist Register
- Hypnosis: The American Board of Psychological Specialties
- CHT-Clinical Hypnotherapy: National Board of Clinical Hypnotherapists
- NBHE: National Board of Hypnotherapists Examiners
- BCPC-Psychology: The American Psychotherapy Association
- ACFE: American College of Forensic Examiners - Child Psychology
- ACFE: American College of Forensic Examiners - Clinical Psychology
- ACFE: American College of Forensic Examiners - Psychological Assessment Evaluation and Testing
- ACFE: American College of Forensic Examiners - Family and Marital Psychology
- Fellow status from the American Psychotherapy Association (subsidiary of the American Psychological Association) - for expertise in the therapeutic process and elevating standards of practice.
- Certificate of Ambassadorial Appointment through the Ambassador General of the U.S.A. through the United Cultural Convention (May 2006) - for outstanding citizenship in the country, as well as international, novel and societal obligations that were carried out in her field.
- "Woman of the Year" 2005 - 2006: American Biographical Institute. Based on outstanding accomplishments to date and noble example set for her peers and entire community.
- "Genius Laureate" 2005: For distinguished progression and mastery in the field of child and adolescent psychology, as recorded in the 500 Greatest Geniuses in the 21st Century, Board of Editors of the American Biographical Institute.
- Master Therapist, American Psychotherapy Association (highest honor that APA can bestow upon member in significant contributions to field of psychotherapy)
- Professional of the Year representing Clinical Psychology, Cambridge Who's Who
- International Peace Prize, United Cultural Convention
- Rapid Resolution Therapy,
The Institute for Rapid Resolution Therapy, Boca Raton, FL
- Basic and Advanced Training in Clinical Hypnotherapy,
Wellness and Life Enhancement Training Center, For Lauderdale, FL
- Advanced Training in Motivational Sports Psychology,
University of Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden Boson Sports Training Institute, Lidingo, Sweden
- American Board of Professional Psychology: ABPP
- The National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists
- The City University of New York: CUNY
- Columbia School of Professional Studies
- New York University: NYU
- Stockholms universitet
- Harvard University - The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Baruch College - Zicklin School of Business
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists