By : Dr. Sharon Fried BuchalterNew Parents are People Too
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: People Too Unlimited; 1 edition
About the Book:
Winner of the iParenting Media Award. Raising children is one of the most important jobs you will ever have and one that comes without a training manual.
First-time parents can feel overwhelmed and often neglect to nurture the relationship with each other while they take the first steps into the transition to parenthood. Using self-coaching strategies, particularly appealing to busy couples, New Parents Are People Too outlines new methods to encourage effective communication and relationship building for new parents. Couples will learn how to identify priorities, set and achieve personal goals, gain a positive attitude, overcome conflict, and continue to pursue their individual potential.
Dr. Sharon Fried Buchalter pulls from experiences in her private practice, workshops, and seminars to provide this simple, hands-on manual for new parents. New Parents Are People Too teaches couples how to:
- Make the transition to parenthood.
- Assess and improve individual and relationship self-esteem.
- Practice effective communication as a couple and as a parent.
- Understand the way each partner handles stress and conflict and how to use this information to develop solutions.
- Understand your parenting style.
- Build individual and parental resilience.
- Prepare for the new baby (what your Mom didn't tell you).
- Strengthen your intuition.
- Exercise flexibility in your relationship and as new parents; and Much, much more!
"A very interesting idea of applying the expertise of an excellent life coach to the 'job' of parenting. This book is a novel, but sensible, concept that would appeal to many people."
~ Stanley Turecki, M.D Author of The Difficult Child